Building Drill Press Cooling System
Drill press and lathe is used for several types of drilling purposes. Mostly such tasks are done in spare time and people who have an interest in some creativity. Now in a shop where manual labor is working more than eight hours then the machine is going to heat up. All machines heat up because of the electricity passing through them.
However, the energy has to go somewhere so it ends in heating up with the machine. Sometimes the heating problem is solved just by turning the power off. But this is not the permanent solution. In order to achieve the goals, hardworking is necessary, so for this purpose coolant systems are used.
A drill press cooling system has many important things but the most important thing is thermostat which controls the temperature of the machine after it is being installed. In order to avoid this expense, one can save his money through a manual coolant system.
All we require in a drill press coolant system is 2-Qt can or canister, an old metallic platter, an auto-mobile space heater drainer, a few ducts of metal and nuts and bolts the uses of which will be given below.
Procedure to build a drill press cooling system
- First of all, take the old metallic plate and fit the cylinder which is about 2-qt in it. A 1/4’’ bent gasoline tube is attached to one corner of the metallic platter so when it gets attached one corner of the apparatus will touch the drill press. For an overflow pipe, a pipe of about the length of ¼’’ is attached to the end of the can. This coolant system is made according to gravity so it keeps the flow freely and worked well. Moreover, with the help of a metal sheet, the can keeps on standing by the drill press pole.
- Now comes the uses of bolts and nuts. In order to find a way so that the gravity will authorize a stream of critical fluid nuts and bolts to hold that metal sheet against the drill press. A spout will be placed on the end of the tube to keep the flow of the stream slight. The metallic tray is now placed 2’’ around the table where the drill press is placed to hook the overspilled as well as the coolant structure. One pipe is then connected to the metallic tube which in turn leads to the container on the ground. The tank is filled spontaneously by hand sinking in the tank.
- Now if the broader system is required 7/5’’ board that will be adjusted on a 5-gallon drum. Cut the openings for the production tube and duct. Now set the vertical electric motor of 1/20 h.p. which will be operated at 1750 r.p.m which will run by the help of two pulleys of ratio 3 ½ to 1. Now through the gravity tank coolant leads to work. All the overflow is caught by the hole for drainage which leads it to the pipe that takes it to the pump tank. The pump can be adjusted to the gravity tank.
- Never let the gravity tank of the drill press coolant system empty.
- Leather belts are advised to use in the motor because they are not damaged by oil.